Prior to your surgery
- Please inform your surgeon if you have any underlying diseases, drug allergies, or are taking medication, dietary supplements, or vitamins.
- Please refrain from taking any pain medications, Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS) and vitamin supplements at least 7 days before surgery.
- Drinking alcohol or smoking, including electronic cigarettes, which could lead to inferior surgical outcomes, are strongly recommended to stop for at least 1 week before surgery.
- In case of surgery under General Anesthesia, Eating or Drinking (including water) are not allowed for 8 hours prior to surgery.
- To minimize the risk of surgical infection, please cleanse your face, body, hair, and nails, including any cosmetics, before the surgery.
Caring for Yourself After Your Rhinoplasty
- Please take medications as prescribed by your surgeon.
- During the first 3 days after surgery, apply cold compression at the forehead and both cheeks with a cold cloth or a cold gel pack to reduce the chance of bleeding and swelling. Also, sleep with your head raising over the chest can help relieve the swollen.
- From the fourth day after surgery, change to a warm cloth or warm gel pack to apply warm compression around nasal area / the nose to relieve the swelling.
- For the first few days after surgery, in case that you find a small bleeding from the nose, gently dab with a clean damp cloth.
- Refrain from nose picking, and avoid preserved (pickled) foods, uncooked foods, alcoholic drinks, smoking (including electronic cigarettes) for 2 weeks after surgery.
- Please refrain from heavy lifting or doing any strenuous exercise for 2 weeks after surgery, avoid exposure to strong sunlight are also recommended.
- A follow-up appointment and suture removal with your surgeon will be scheduled 5 – 7 days after discharge.
- In case of emergency, please call us at 1719, 24/7