Prior to your surgery
- Please inform your surgeon if you have any underlying diseases, drug allergies, or are taking medication, dietary supplements, or vitamins.
- Please refrain from taking any pain medications, Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS) and vitamin supplements at least 7 days before surgery.
- Drinking alcohol or smoking, including electronic cigarettes, which could lead to inferior surgical outcomes, are strongly recommended to stop for at least 1 week before surgery.
- In case of surgery under General Anesthesia, Eating or Drinking (including water) are not allowed for 8 hours prior to surgery.
- To minimize the risk of surgical infection, please cleanse your face, body, hair, and nails, including any cosmetics, before the surgery.
Caring for Yourself After Your Liposuction
- Please take medications as prescribed by your surgeon.
- Keep the wound dry until your surgeon said otherwise, in case of unavoidable, gently wipe the wound site with clean damp cloth, and dry it immediately afterwards. Showering is permitted only when water-proof wound dressings are used.
- To prevent infection and scarring and receiving the best results, soaking, or submerging the surgical wound in water is not recommended for at least 2 weeks after surgery.
- It is highly recommended to always wear support garments 24/7 during the first 6 weeks after surgery, to relieve swelling and skin creasing.
- After the liposuction, some small movements should be done to help prevent the thrombosis, please refrain from heavy lifting, doing strenuous exercise, or any activities which could affect the liposuction sites for 1 month at least.
- Avoid preserved (pickled) foods, uncooked foods, alcoholic drinks, smoking (including electronic cigarettes) for 2 weeks after surgery.
- For the first few days after surgery, the wound may ooze some blood or discharge, please wipe gently with clean clothes.
- In case of emergency, please call us at 1719, 24/7