Prior to your surgery
- Please inform your surgeon if you have any underlying diseases, drug allergies, or are taking medication, dietary supplements, or vitamins.
- Please refrain from taking any pain medications, Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS) and vitamin supplements at least 7 days before surgery.
- Drinking alcohol or smoking, including electronic cigarettes, which could lead to inferior surgical outcomes, are strongly recommended to stop for at least 1 week before surgery.
- Eating or Drinking (including water) are not allowed for 8 hours prior to surgery.
- To minimize the risk of surgical infection, please cleanse your face, body, hair, and nails, including any cosmetics, before the surgery.
Caring for Yourself After Your Breast Augmentation
- Please take medications as prescribed by your surgeon.
- Keep the wound dry until your surgeon said otherwise, in case of unavoidable, gently wipe the wound site with clean damp cloth, and dry it immediately afterwards. Showering is permitted only when waterproof wound dressings are used.
- To prevent infection and scarring, soaking, or submerging the surgical wound in water is not recommended for at least 2 weeks after surgery.
- A follow-up appointment and suture removal with your surgeon will be scheduled 5 – 7 days after discharge.
- Avoid preserved (pickled) foods, uncooked foods, alcoholic drinks, smoking (including electronic cigarettes) for 2 weeks after surgery.
- Lying face up allowed, but please avoid lying on your side or lying face down position, for 2 weeks after surgery.
- Wearing Sports bra or Support bra continuously are recommended for 1-2 months after surgery to keep the augmentation in shape.
- Please refrain from heavy lifting, or doing any exercise which using chest muscle for 1 – 2 months after surgery
- In case of emergency, please call us at 1719, 24/7