Prior to your surgery
- Please inform your surgeon if you have any underlying diseases, drug allergies, or are taking medication, dietary supplements or vitamins.
- Please refrain from taking any pain medications, Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS) and vitamin supplements at least 7 days before surgery.
- Drinking alcohol or smoking, including electronic cigarettes, which could lead to inferior surgical outcomes, are strongly recommended to stop for at least 1 week before surgery.
- In case of surgery under General Anesthesia, Eating or Drinking (including water) are not allowed for 8 hours prior to surgery.
- To minimize the risk of surgical infection, please cleanse your face, body, hair and nails, including any cosmetics, before the surgery.
Caring for Yourself After Your Blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery
- Please take medications as prescribed by your surgeon.
- Keep the wound dry until your surgeon said otherwise, in case of unavoidable, gently wipe the wound site with clean damp cloth, and dry it immediately afterwards.
- During the first 3 days after surgery, apply a cold compression at the surgical site with a cold cloth or a cold gel pack to reduce the chance of bleeding and swelling.
- From the 4th day after surgery, change to a warm cloth or warm gel pack to apply warm compression.
- Do not use contact lenses for at least 3 weeks and avoid preserved (pickled) foods, uncooked foods, alcoholic drinks and strong sunlight.
- Try to keep your eyes open when possible to allow the eyelids to form natural folds.
- A follow-up appointment and suture removal with your surgeon will be scheduled 5 – 7 days after discharge.
- In case of emergency, please call us at 1719, 24/7